The call of the wild ; and, White Fang / Jack London ; with an introduction and notes by Tina Gianquitto ...
- 2 of 3 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Greentown PL - Greentown||TF LONDON PAP (Text)||75342000079832||Teen Fiction Paperback||Checked out||10/24/2018|
|Mooresville PL - Mooresville||FIC LON (Text)||37323001732745||FICTION||Available||-|
|Plainfield-Guilford Twp PL - Plainfield||FIC London (Text)||31208910841677||paperback||Available||-|
- ISBN: 1593080026
- Physical Description: 309 pages ; 17 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Barnes & Noble Classics, 
- Copyright: ©2003
The call of the wild was originally published in 1903; White Fang in 1906.
The adventures of an unusual dog, part St. Bernard, part Scotch shepherd, that is forcibly taken to the Klondike gold fields where he eventually becomes the leader of a wolf pack. White Fang is the story of a wolf-dog who is befriended by a kind man who becomes his master.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Klondike River Valley (Yukon) > Fiction.
Gold mines and mining > Fiction.
Dogs > Fiction.
Wolves > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- Baker & Taylor
The tragic impact of conflict between the natural world and human civilization is the theme of two of London's most famous tales of the wilderness.
&&LDIV&&R&&LDIV&&R&&LI&&RThe Call of the Wild and White Fang&&L/I&&R, by &&LSTRONG&&RJack London&&L/B&&R, is part of the &&LI&&RBarnes & Noble Classics&&L/I&&R&&LI&&R &&L/I&&Rseries, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of &&LI&&RBarnes & Noble Classics&&L/I&&R: &&LDIV&&R
- New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work
- Comments by other famous authors
- Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations
- Bibliographies for further reading
- Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate