Flights of passage : an illustrated natural history of bird migration / Mike Unwin and David Tipling.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
2 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Hussey-Mayfield Mem. PL - Zionsville||598.1568 UNWIN (Text)||33946003829269||New Books . 2nd Floor||In process||-|
- ISBN: 9780300247442
- ISBN: 0300247443
- Physical Description: 288 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 30 cm
- Publisher: New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 
- Manufacturer: London : designed and produced by White Lion Publishing
- Copyright: ©2020
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
01. Wildfowl and Diving Birds -- 02. Seabirds -- 03. Shorebirds and Waders -- 04. Songbirds -- 05. Raptors and Owls -- 06. Other Bird Migrations.
"In this luxuriously illustrated volume, celebrated nature writer Mike Unwin and award-winning photographer David Tipling highlight sixty-seven different species of birds from around the world and explore how each has adapted to its migratory cycle. As they bring to life the drama of the Bar-headed Goose's journey over the Himalayas and the amazing sixty-thousand-mile annual round trip taken by the Arctic Tern between the United Kingdom and Antarctica, Unwin and Tipling offer deep insights into the science, mysteries, and wonders of migration"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Birds > Migration.
Migratory birds > Pictorial works.