The age of fentanyl : ending the opioid epidemic [electronic resource] / Brodie Ramin.
- ISBN: 9781662026621 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1662026625 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (8hr., 03 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2020.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Patrick Lawlor.
In this revealing analysis, Dr. Brodie Ramin tells the story of the opioid crisis, showing us the disease and cure from his perspective as an addiction doctor working on the front lines. We meet his patients, hear from other addiction experts, and learn about the science and medicine of opioid addiction and its treatments. He shows us how addiction can be prevented, how knowledge can reduce stigma, and how epidemics can be beaten. Dr. Ramin brings the hopeful message that just as patients and health-care workers rallied together to fight HIV one generation ago, a coalition of patients, advocates, scientists, doctors, and nurses is once again finding solutions and making plans to stem the overdose deaths, block the spread of fentanyl, and end the epidemic.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
Opioids > Overdose.
Fentanyl > Overdose.