The myth of the American dream : reflections on affluence, autonomy, safety and power [electronic resource] / D.L. Mayfield.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781545914069 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1545914060 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (7hr., 05 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : christianaudio.com, 2020.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrated by Nan McNamara.
Affluence, autonomy, safety, and power. These are the central values of the American dream. But are they actually compatible with Jesus's command to love our neighbor as ourselves? In essays grouped around these four values, D. L. Mayfield asks us to pay attention to the ways they shape our own choices, and the ways those choices affect our neighbors. Where did these values come from? How have they failed those on the edges of our society? And how can we disentangle ourselves from our culture's headlong pursuit of these values and live faithful lives of service to God and our neighbors?
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject