Their eyes were watching God : [a novel] [electronic resource].
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780061758126 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0061758124 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: [United States] : Harper Collins Publishers, 2009.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
One of the most important and enduring books of the twentieth century, Their Eyes Were Watching God brings to life a Southern love story with the wit and pathos found only in the writing of Zora Neale Hurston. Out of print for almost thirty years-due largely to initial audiences' rejection of its strong black female protagonist-Hurston's classic has since its 1978 reissue become perhaps the most widely read and highly acclaimed novel in the canon of African-American literature.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||African American women > Fiction.
Self-realization > Fiction.
Florida > Fiction.