World war 2. A Captivating Guide from Beginning to End [electronic resource] / Captivating History.
- ISBN: 9781094230993 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1094230995 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (2hr., 08 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Findaway Voices, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Duke Holm.
The Second World War was one of the most traumatic events in human history. Across the world, existing conflicts became connected, entangling nations in a vast web of violence. It was fought on land, sea, and air, touching every inhabited continent. Over 55 million people died, some of them combatants, some civilians caught up in the violence, and some murdered by their own governments. It was the war that unleashed the Holocaust and the atomic bomb upon the world. But it was also a war that featured acts of courage and self-sacrifice on every side.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject