- ISBN: 9781789501353 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1789501350 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: [United States] : Arcturus Digital Limited, 2018.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
Said to have its origins in the 'treasure texts' that were supposedly hidden away by Padmasambhava, the Lotus Guru, in Tibet in the 8th century, The Tibetan Book of the Dead was traditionally read aloud to the dying or recently deceased as a guide to the afterlife. It explains how to recognize the true nature of the mind so that after death it will be possible to attain enlightenment and liberation from the suffering associated with the endless cycle of death and rebirth. For many, reading The Tibetan Book of the Dead has been a revelatory experience on the path to finding a sense of spirituality and self-knowledge.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject