Indianapolis Business and Professional Women's Club collection, 1912-1985
https://archives.isl.lib.in.us/repositories/2/resources/789 - Finding aid online
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||[Mss I] ISLI L641 (Text)||641001-13282||Manuscripts||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 15.1 Cubic Feet (3 cubic foot boxes, 35 manuscript boxes, 1 medium oversize box)
Processing Information: Collection processed in 2001 by Jeffrey J. Dickens. Collection reprocessed in 2019/09 by Laura Eliason. EAD finding aid created in 2019/09 by Laura Eliason.
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
This collection is open for research.
This collection contains the records of the Indianapolis Business and Professional Women's Club ranging from 1912 to 1985. The collection includes correspondence, committee reports, meeting minutes, financial reports, bank statements, membership documents, scrapbooks, yearbooks, and local, state, and national publications.
|Preferred Citation of Described Materials Note:||
Indianapolis Business and Professional Women's Club collection, Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library.
|Terms Governing Use and Reproduction Note:||
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
|Location of Other Archival Materials Note:||
Materials relating to this collection may be found in the following collections in Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN: L635: Indiana Federation of Business and Professional Women collection L672: Indiana Federation of Business and Profession Women, District 4 collection.
|Biographical or Historical Data:||
The Business Woman's Department of the Woman's Department Club of Indianapolis was founded and organized by Mrs. R. Harry Miller in 1914. The Women's City Club was organized in 1919 with Miss Mamie Bass as its first president. Both clubs were members of the Indiana and National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs before joining forces in 1927 and becoming the Indianapolis Business and Professional Women's Club. Membership was limited to business and professional women, with at least seventy-five percent of whom had to be actively engaged in gainful employment. The club's policy was to be self-governing, self-supporting, non-partisan, non-sectarian, and non-profit and its primary purpose was to raise the standards of women in business and the professions, promote their interests, bring a spirit of cooperation among business and professional women, and extend educational opportunities through industrial, scientific, and vocational lines. Source: Information found within collection. "Two Business Women's Clubs May Join Forces." Indianapolis Star (IN), May 18, 1927.
|Ownership and Custodial History:||
This collection was received by Rare Books and Manuscripts as a donation from the Indianapolis Business and Professional Women's Club, Inc.
|Accumulation and Frequency of Use Note:||
No further additions are expected.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Indianapolis Business and Professional Women's Club.
Businesswomen > Indiana > Societies and clubs.
Women > Indiana > Societies and clubs.