What are calories? / Daniel E. Harmon.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Brookston Prairie Twp PL - Brookston||J 613.2 HAR (Text)||38209000916281||New Juvenile Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781538303108 (library bound : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781538303115 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781538303122 (6 pack : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: pages cm.
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Britannica Educational Publishing, in Association with Rosen Educational Services, 2019.
- Copyright: ©2019
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
What are calories? -- Calories in human diets -- How many calories do people need? -- Calorie estimates for children and adults -- Calories come with carbohydrates -- Calories in sugar -- Another source of calories: fats -- A third source of calories: proteins -- Understanding food labels -- "Empty" calories -- Balancing calories and activities -- Problems caused by too many calories.
"A book about what calories are, where they're found, and how they affect the human body."-- Provided by publisher.
|Target Audience Note:||
Grades 1 to 4.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Food > Caloric content > Juvenile literature.
Food > Composition > Juvenile literature.
Energy metabolism > Juvenile literature.
Nutrition > Juvenile literature.
Search for related items by series