View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781566894975 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1566894972 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: [United States] : Coffee House Press, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
A young Swedish immigrant finds himself penniless and alone in California. The boy travels East in search of his brother, moving on foot against the great current of emigrants pushing West. Driven back again and again, he meets naturalists, criminals, religious fanatics, swindlers, Indians, and lawmen, and his exploits turn him into a legend. Diaz defies the conventions of historical fiction and genre, offering a probing look at the stereotypes that populate our past and a portrait of radical foreignness.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Swedes > United States > Fiction.
Male immigrants > United States > Fiction.
Frontier and pioneer life > Fiction.