View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781616202729 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1616202726 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: [United States] : Algonquin Books, 2013.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
It is the summer of 1948 when a handsome, charismatic stranger, Charlie Beale, recently back from the war in Europe, shows up in the town of Brownsburg, a sleepy village nestled in the Valley of Virginia. All he has with him are two suitcases: one contains his few possessions, including a fine set of butcher knives; the other is full of money. A lot of money. Heading Out to Wonderful is a haunting, heart-stopping novel of love gone terribly wrong in a place where once upon a time such things could happen.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||City and town life > Virginia > Fiction.
Butchers > Fiction.
Virginia > History > 20th century > Fiction.