View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781520018720 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 152001872X (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (4hr., 43 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2016.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Paul Ansdell.
Siddhartha, the ninth book written by Herman Hesse, is about a young Indian boy who leaves his home in hopes of finding enlightenment with the wise "Goutama", which in this story is the Buddha. After learning what he can from Goutama, he decides to go off into the busy city, and leads a life of greed and lust. When he realizes that the lifestyle is not fulfilling, and he reflects on his life, he goes to a river and contemplates suicide. However, it is here that Siddhartha meets a man who will change his life and help lead him to enlightenment, in this classic coming of age story about finding meaning and purpose.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Brahmans > Fiction.
Spiritual life > Fiction.
India > Social life and customs > Fiction.