Treasure Island [electronic resource] / Robert Louis Stevenson.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781974901029 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1974901025 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (7hr., 12 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2018.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Gildart Jackson.
Part adventure tale and part-coming-of-age story, Treasure Island follows Jim Hawkins, an innkeeper's son, as he embarks on a sea adventure after obtaining a treasure map. In his quest to recover a share of the loot, he must negotiate relationships with a colorful cast of pirates, sea captains, noblemen, and castaways. Full of classic pirate language and imagery as well as the iconic fortune-seeking buccaneer Long John Silver, Treasure Island has been widely adapted for film, television, theatre, and radio. Originally serialized in the children's magazine Young Folks from 1881 to 1882, the novel was first published in 1883.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Treasure Island (Imaginary place) > Fiction.
Treasure troves > Fiction.
Pirates > Fiction.