Now say this : the right words to solve every parenting dilemma [electronic resource] / Heather Turgeon, MFT, and Julie Wright, MFT.
- ISBN: 9781520099026 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1520099029 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (7hr., 59 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2018.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by the authors.
Language is powerful, and the exact words, tone, and nonverbal communication parents use when trying to move through a sticky moment with their child means everything. Now Say This guides parents through a highly practical three-step approach to effectively communicating with children called ALP (Acknowledge, Limit Set, and Problem Solve). It also discusses the power of words in all of our daily conversations. Each chapter addresses a different aspect of parenting (e.g. bedtime, mealtime, sibling conflicts, and body conversations) and includes actual scripts and precise language for parents to use to set limits with empathy and to use conversations as opportunities for learning.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
Parent and child.