Embrace the suck : what I learned at the box about hard work, (very) sore muscles, and burpees before sunrise / Stephen Madden.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Zionsville PL - Hussey-Mayfield Memorial||613.71 MADDEN (Text)||33946003333403||New Books . 2nd Floor||Checked out||07/31/2018|
- ISBN: 9780062257871
- ISBN: 0062257870
- Physical Description: xxi, 192 pages ; 21 cm.
- Edition: First Harper Wave paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York Harper Wave, 2017.
- Copyright: ©2017.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. The WOD -- 2. How and Why It Works -- 3. That Fleeting Feeling -- 4. Finding a Box -- 5. A Few Words About Pain, Fatigue, and Nausea -- 6. Diet and Body Image -- 7. The 20X -- 8. Nine Days in May.
Lifelong amateur athlete Stephen Madden decided to put himself to the test, physically and mentally, by immersing himself in the culture, diet, and psyche of CrossFit -- the fast-growing but controversial fitness regime that's a stripped-down combination of high intensity aerobic activity, weightlifting, calisthenics, and gymnastics practiced by more than two million athletes worldwide. But what's crazier? The fact that such a grueling regimen -- in which puking and muscle breakdowns during workouts are common -- is so popular, or that people pay good money to do it. In Embrace the Suck, Madden chronicles the year he devoted to mastering all of the basic Crossfit exercises like double unders, muscle ups and kipping pullups, and immersing himself in the Paleo diet that strips weight from its followers but leaves them fantasizing about loaves of bread.
Search for related items by subject