Upper Cenozoic deposits of the central Delmarva Peninsula, Maryland and Delaware / by James P. Owens and Charles S. Denny.
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (iii, A28 pages) : illustrations, maps.
- Publisher: Washington : United States Department of the Interior, Geological Survey, 1979.
"Upper Tertiary deltaic and shallow-water marine deposits form the backbone of the peninsula. The oldest marine deposits of Pleistocene age reach a maximum altitude of 15 meters (50 feet) and have been dated radiometrically at about 100,000 years."
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages A27-A28).
|Source of Description Note:||
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (USGS viewed Apr. 5, 2018).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Geology, Stratigraphic > Cenozoic.
Geology > Delmarva Peninsula.
Geology > Maryland.
Geology > Delaware.
Search for related items by series
- Geological Survey professional paper ; 1067-A
- Surface and shallow subsurface geologic studies in the emerged coastal plain of the Middle Atlantic States
- Geological Survey professional paper ; 1067-A.
- Surface and shallow subsurface geologic studies in the emerged coastal plain of the Middle Atlantic States.