- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
Series InformationUnnatural disasters.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Adams PL Sys. - Geneva Branch||363.17 HAY LET (Text)||34207002198472||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
|Kendallville PL - Kendallville Main Branch||TEEN SOCIAL.SCI ENVIRONMENT Haynes (Text)||37516002037073||TeenNF Social Science||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781538204405 (pbk. book)
- ISBN: 1538204401 (pbk. book)
- ISBN: 9781538204412 (6 pack)
- ISBN: 153820441X (6 pack)
- ISBN: 9781538204429 (library bound book)
- ISBN: 1538204428 (library bound book)
- Physical Description: 32 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York : Gareth Stevens Publishing, 
- Copyright: ©2018
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Accidents that hurt ecosystems -- Toxic mud spill in Tennessee -- Wastewater spill in Spain -- Gas leak in India -- Toxic mining in Romania -- Oil spills : no small problem -- Can anything be done?
Industrial accidents occur all over the world at an alarming rate, and readers have no doubt heard of at least one in their lifetime. This topical book chronicles the frightening stories of several of the world s worst examples of chemical leaks and spills, detailing the environmental impact not only in the text, but also through graphic, full-color images, and through sidebars full of real statistics. Fact boxes chronicle the legal response in the direct wake of disasters like Bhopal, Amoco Cadiz, Exxon Valdez, Deepwater Horizon, and more. The book closes with a note about activism and how to help.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Chemical spills > Juvenile literature.