Modern mindfulness : how to be more relaxed, focused, and kind while living in a fast, digital, always-on world / Rohan Gunatillake.
- ISBN: 9781427285133 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1427285136 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (7hr., 53 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Macmillan Audio, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Rohan Gunatillake.
In Modern Mindfulness, Rohan Gunatillake argues that to lead more mindful, calm and happy lives, switching off is the last thing we need to do. Instead he gives listeners ideas, principles, and techniques to bring awareness, composure, and kindness whatever they are doing. Filled with over sixty practical exercises, the author's mobile mindfulness approach gives the benefits of meditation to even the busiest of lives. Ideas from Modern Mindfulness: - Learn to fade out instead just falling asleep - Learn to watch TV mindfully (yes, it's possible!) - Make mobility part of mindfulness (we're always on the move!) - Use technology for good instead of evil (no need to do a digital detox). - Learn to 'whack-a-thought' and stay centered.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject