- ISBN: 9781541429215 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1541429214 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (12hr., 33 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Tantor Audio, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrated by Jonathan Yen.
Iowa housewife Tracey Pittman Roberts seemed to have it all: natural beauty, three loving children, and a fairy tale second marriage to a wealthy, handsome businessman. But beneath the happy faȧde was a woman who used lies, manipulation, sex, ugly allegations, blackmail-and even murder-to serve her own selfish ends. On December 12, 2001, police rushed to Tracey's home after a shooting left her vulnerable young neighbor dead. Tracey claimed it was an act of self-defense. Nine gunshot wounds-and a decades-long trail of extortion, fabrication, fraud, and intimidation-said otherwise. Ten years after the crime, Tracey's case finally went to trial in an explosive courtroom showdown. In a searing exploration of the criminal mind, bestselling investigative journalist M. William Phelps traces the saga of a psychopath who hid in plain sight-until her wicked ways caught up with her.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.