View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781520087047 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1520087047 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (11hr., 28 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrated by Robert Bethune.
Noted transcendentalist Henry David Thoreau spent two years, two months, and two days chronicling his near-isolation in the small cabin he built in the woods near Walden Pond on land owned by his mentor, the father of Transcendentalism, Ralph Waldo Emerson. Immersing himself in nature and solitude, Thoreau sought to develop a greater understanding of society amidst a life of self-reliance and simplicity. Originally published in 1854, Walden remains one of the most celebrated works in American literature. This version of Walden, or Life in the Wood was recorded as part of Walden and On the Duty of Civil Disobedience.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.