View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781338187540 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1338187546 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (5hr., 58 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Scholastic, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Lucy Strange.
A beautifully tangled story of friendship, fairy tales, and family secrets. For those who loved Pax and The War That Saved My Life. 1919. Mama is ill. Father has taken a job abroad. Nanny Jane is too busy to pay any attention to Henrietta and the things she sees -- or thinks she sees -- in the shadows of their new home, Hope House. All alone, with only stories for company, Henry discovers that Hope House is full of strange secrets: a forgotten attic, ghostly figures, mysterious firelight that flickers in the trees beyond the garden. One night she ventures into the darkness of Nightingale Wood. What she finds there will change her whole world . . .
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Books and reading > Juvenile fiction.
Imagination > Juvenile fiction.
Family secrets > Juvenile fiction.
Mental illness > Juvenile fiction.
Great Britain > History > George V, 1910-1936 > Juvenile fiction.