The art of spiritual writing : how to craft prose that engages and inspires your readers / Vinita Hampton Wright.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|North Madison Co PL - Elwood PL||808.02 WRI (Text)||30419101517982||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780829439083 (paperback)
- ISBN: 0829439080 (paperback)
- Physical Description: ix, 165 pages ; 18 cm
- Publisher: Chicago, Illinois : Loyola Press, a Jesuit ministry, 
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Authorship > Religious aspects.
Composition (Language arts)
- LoyolaThe Art of Spiritual Writing seeks to instruct writers on how to hone the art and craft of spiritual writing in order to connect with readers. Although written by Vinita Hampton Wright, a successful author and editor of spirituality books, this is not another book about how to get published. Spiritual writers will learn how to uncover the truth of what they have to say. As they grow in their writing ability, their own spirituality will also grow.
There’s a constant hunger in the world for books that explore the spiritual aspects of life, but writing about spirituality is far more complex than simply sharing personal reflections about God and the life of faith. Editors and publishers who specialize in spiritual writing find that what is important to work out for yourself on paper may not always be the best way to connect to readers. Because of its personal nature, it can be difficult to find the balance in spiritual writing between what is good writing for you and what is good writing for others.Incorporating her 20+ years of publishing and writing experience, Vinita Hampton Wright provides a practical and straightforward look at spiritual writing for a broader audience in The Art of Spiritual Writing. This slim volume is loaded with writing tips, advice, and exercises to help the writer hone and craft his or her personal thoughts into an engaging, inspiring, and publishable piece. Readers will learn such things as why authenticity matters, how to find their authentic voice, and how to engineer their creativity so that it resonates with readers.The Art of Spiritual Writing demonstrates that by taking the time to learn and implement the process and craft of writing, we can begin to uncover new ways to connect with ourselves, our readers, and God. And as we grow in our writing ability, our spirituality blossoms as well.