The last days of café leila [electronic resource] / Donia Bijan.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781681687353 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1681687356 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (10hr., 39 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: HighBridge, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrated by Deepti Gupta.
Set against the backdrop of Iran's rich, turbulent history, this exquisite debut novel is a powerful story of food, family, and a bittersweet homecoming. When we first meet Noor, she is living in San Francisco, missing her beloved father, Zod, in Iran. Now, dragging her stubborn teenage daughter, Lily, with her, she returns to Tehran and to Cafe Leila, the restaurant her family has been running for three generations. Iran may have changed, but Cafe Leila, still run by Zod, has stayed blessedly the same-it is a refuge of laughter and solace for its makeshift family of staff and regulars. As Noor revisits her Persian childhood, she must rethink who she is-a mother, a daughter, a woman estranged from her marriage and from her life in California. And together, she and Lily get swept up in the beauty and brutality of Tehran.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.