The Dalai Lama's little book of mysticism : the essential teachings [electronic resource] / Renuka Singh and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- ISBN: 9781520080109 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1520080107 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (2hr., 45 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Read by Matthew McFetridge.
|Summary, etc.:|| Mysticism is popularly understood as becoming one with God or the Absolute. In this inspirational book, the Dalai Lama's thoughts on the nature and meaning of mysticism, how we can live lives infused with mystical experience, and how mysticism can result in both personal and social change are revealed. The book consists of four sections-an introduction, quotations, a lecture on mysticism by the Dalai Lama, and a glossary-that provide an accessible introduction to the Dalai Lama's core teachings concerning the mystical path and how a rich and meaningful inner life can result from following it.
|System Details Note:|| Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Religious life > Buddhism.
Mysticism > Buddhism.