- ISBN: 9781541492462 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1541492463 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (4hr., 01 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Tantor Audio, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Peter Berkrot.
In the early twentieth century, the United States government concocted a plan to import hippopotamuses into the marshlands of Louisiana to be bred and slaughtered as an alternative meat source. This is true. Other true things about hippos: they are savage, they are fast, and their jaws can snap a man in two. This was a terrible plan. Contained within this volume is an 1890s America that might have been: a bayou overrun by feral hippos and mercenary hippo wranglers from around the globe. It is the story of Winslow Houndstooth and his crew. It is the story of their fortunes. It is the story of his revenge.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Criminals > Fiction.
Hippopotamus > Fiction.
Louisiana > History > 20th century > Fiction.
|Genre:||Alternative histories (Fiction)