- ISBN: 9781681686561 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1681686562 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (3hr., 53 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: HighBridge, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Narrated by Larissa Gallagher.
At the age of sixty, Cory Taylor is dying of melanoma-related brain cancer. Her illness is no longer treatable: she now weighs less than her neighbor's retriever. As her body weakens, she describes the experience-the vulnerability and strength, the courage and humility, the anger and acceptance-of knowing she will soon die. Written in the space of a few weeks, in a tremendous creative surge, this powerful and beautiful memoir is a clear-eyed account of what dying teaches: Taylor describes the tangle of her feelings, remembers the lives and deaths of her parents, and examines why she would like to be able to choose the circumstances of her death. Taylor's last words offer a vocabulary for readers to speak about the most difficult thing any of us will face. And while Dying: A Memoir is a deeply affecting meditation on death, it is also a funny and wise tribute to life.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.