Blue lipstick : concrete poems / by John Grandits.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0736/2006023332-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0708/2006023332-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Bell Road Library||TEEN 811.6 GRANDITS (Text)||39206020796619||Teen NF||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780618568604
- ISBN: 0618568603
- ISBN: 9780618851324 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 0618851321 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9781417784219
- ISBN: 1417784210
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York : Clarion Books, 
- Copyright: ©2007
A 15-year-old girl named Jessie voices typical--and not so typical--teenage concerns in this unique, hilarious collection of poems. Her musings about trying out new makeup and hairstyles, playing volleyball and cello, and dealing with her annoying younger brother are never boring or predictable. Who else do you know who designs her own clothes and writes poetry to her cat? Jessie's a girl with strong opinions, and she isn't shy about sharing them. Her funny, sarcastic take on high school life is revealed through concrete poetry: words, ideas, type, and design that combine to make pictures and patterns. The poems are inventive, irreverent, irresistible, and full of surprises--just like Jessie--and the playful layout and ingenious graphics extend the wry humor.
Search for related items by subject
Concrete poetry, American.
Children's poetry, American.