Japan rising : the resurgence of Japanese power and purpose / Kenneth B. Pyle.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip073/2006035616.html - Table of contents only
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0828/2006035616-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0828/2006035616-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Ohio Twp PL - Bell Road Library||952.05 PYL (Text)||39206020572614||NonFiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781586484170 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1586484176 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xiv, 433 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Public Affairs, c2007.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Introduction : the Japan puzzle -- New international orders -- Japan's national style -- The world Japan entered -- Stature among nations -- The challenge of international liberalism -- Japan's abortive new order -- The Cold War opportunity -- The Yoshida doctrine as grand strategy -- The post-Cold War interval in East Asia -- Japan and the rise of China -- The prospect of a new East Asian order -- Epilogue : Japan's twenty-first-century resurgence.
|Summary, etc.:|| "In Japan Rising, Kenneth B. Pyle explores the remarkable history of Japan's shifting foreign policy over the last 150 years. He identifies the common threads that bind the divergent strategies of modern Japan, arguing that few countries in recent history have been as responsive to the forces of the international environment. As we enter the new century and Japan once again changes course, the implications for our alliance and the balance of power in Asia are huge. Japan Rising is essential reading for anyone seeking to understand how Japan arrived at this moment - and what to expect in the future."--BOOK JACKET.
Search for related items by subject
Japan > Foreign relations > 1945-
Japan > Politics and government > 1945-
Search for related items by series