She loved baseball : the Effa Manley story / written by Audrey Vernick, illustrated by Don Tate.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Bell Road Library||J 921 MAN (Text)||39206020430235||J Biography||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780061349201 (trade bdg.)
- ISBN: 0061349208 (trade bdg.)
- ISBN: 9780061349218 (lib. bdg.)
- ISBN: 0061349216 (lib. bdg.)
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Publisher: New York : HarperCollins, 
- Copyright: ©2010
Effa always loved baseball. As a young woman, she would go to Yankee Stadium just to see Babe Ruth's mighty swing. But she never dreamed she would someday own a baseball team. Or be the first and only woman ever inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. From her childhood in Philadelphia to her groundbreaking role as business manager and owner of the Newark Eagles, Effa Manley always fought for what was right. And she always swung for the fences.
|Target Audience Note:||
Search for related items by subject