A boy named Beckoning : the true story of Dr. Carlos Montezuma, Native American hero / adapted and illustrated by Gina Capaldi.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Bell Road Library||J 921 MON (Text)||39206020027981||J Biography||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0822576449 (reinforced) :
- ISBN: 9780822576440 (reinforced) :
- Physical Description: 32 pages : illustrations (some color), map ; 26 cm
- Publisher: Minneapolis [Minn.] : Carolrhoda Books, 
- Copyright: ©2008
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 31-32).
This story reveals the life of a Native American boy named Wassaja, who was kidnapped from his tribe and sold as a slave. Adopted and renamed Carlos Montezuma, the young boy traveled throughout the Old West, bearing witness to the poor treatment of Native Americans. Carlos eventually became a doctor and leader for his people.
|Target Audience Note:||
A Junior Library Guild selection
Search for related items by subject