A boy named Beckoning : the true story of Dr. Carlos Montezuma, Native American hero / adapted and illustrated by Gina Capaldi.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Ohio Twp PL - Bell Road Library||J 921 MON (Text)||39206020027981||J Biography||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0822576449 (reinforced) :
- ISBN: 9780822576440 (reinforced) :
- Physical Description: 32 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 26 cm.
- Publisher: Minneapolis [Minn.] : Carolrhoda Books, c2008.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. 31-32).
|Summary, etc.:|| This story reveals the life of a Native American boy named Wassaja, who was kidnapped from his tribe and sold as a slave. Adopted and renamed Carlos Montezuma, the young boy traveled throughout the Old West, bearing witness to the poor treatment of Native Americans. Carlos eventually became a doctor and leader for his people.
|Target Audience Note:|| Ages 8-12.
|Awards Note:|| A Junior Library Guild selection
Search for related items by subject