Full house : an invitation to fractions / Dayle Ann Dodds ; illustrated by Abby Carter.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0726/2006051847-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0726/2006051847-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Bell Road Library||JE DOD (Text)||39206020007447||J Picture Book - Concepts||Checked out||09/09/2018|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Downtown Newburgh||JE DOD (Text)||39206020007454||J Picture Book||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0763624683 (alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780763624682 (alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: Cambridge, Mass. : Candlewick Press, 2007.
With Dayle Ann Dodds's engaging rhymes and Abby Carter's dynamic illustrations, this introduction to fractions is a piece of cake. Miss Bloom runs the Strawberry Inn, and she absolutely loves visitors. Throughout the day, she welcomes a cast of hilarious characters, from a duchess to a dog trainer, until all the rooms are taken. It's a full house! But in the middle of the night, Miss Bloom realizes that something is just not right -- and sure enough, downstairs the guests are eating her cake. Readers will be happily inspired to do the math and discover that one delicious cake divided by five hungry guests and one hospitable hostess equals a perfect midnight snack at the Strawberry Inn.
|Target Audience Note:||
Decoding demand: 55 (medium) Semantic demand: 73 (high) Syntactic demand: 70 (high) Structure demand: 80 (high) Lexile
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Fractions > Juvenile literature.