How to save your tail : if you are a rat nabbed by cats who really like stories about magic spoons, wolves with snout-warts, big hairy chimney trolls-- and cookies too / Mary Hanson ; illustrated by John Hendrix.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0661/2006003833-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0661/2006003833-d.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0710/2006003833-s.html - Sample text
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Chandler Branch Library||J HAN (Text)||39206019907805||J Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0375837558
- ISBN: 9780375837555
- Physical Description: 93 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Schwartz & Wade Books, 2007.
When he is captured by two of the queen's cats, Bob the rat prolongs his life by sharing fresh-baked cookies and stories of his ancestors, whose escapades are remarkably similar to those of well-known fairy tale heroes. Once upon a time, in a grand castle, there lived a rat named Bob, who was fond of baking and wild about reading. Now, baking can be dangerous for a rat. Paws get burned and tails get caught in eggbeaters all the time. But it was his love of books that almost killed Bob. The trouble tiptoed up on him one afternoon, while his cookies were browning in the oven. As Bob sunned himself on the kitchen porch, he watched a bee flit about the garden, from rose to rose and lily to lily, landing at last on the garden bench - right next to a book.
|Target Audience Note:||
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Storytelling > Fiction.
Rats > Fiction.
Cats > Fiction.
Characters in literature > Fiction.