Extreme animals : the toughest creatures on Earth / Nicola Davies ; illustrated by Neal Layton.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0660/2005043544-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0660/2005043544-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Bell Road Library||J 590 DAV (Text)||39206019839529||J Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0763630675 (reinforced)
- ISBN: 9780763630676 (reinforced)
- Physical Description: 61 pages : color illustrations ; 16 x 26 cm
- Edition: 1st U.S. ed.
- Publisher: Cambridge, Mass. : Candlewick Press, 
- Copyright: ©2006
Originally published: London : Walker Books, 2006.
Animals adapt to their surroundings for survival. Learn how they survive in conditions that humans never would. Are you ready for the competition? From the persevering emperor penguins of the South Pole to the brave bacteria inside bubbling volcanoes, from the hardy reptiles of the driest deserts to the squash-proof creatures of the deepest seabeds, animals have adapted to survive in conditions that would kill a human faster than you can say "coffin." Discover how they do it in this amazing natural history book from a celebrated team - and find out who wins the title of the toughtest animal of them all!
|Target Audience Note:||
A Junior Library Guild selection.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Animals > Adaptation > Juvenile literature.
Extreme environments > Juvenile literature.
Animals > Adaptation.