Happy birthday, Jamela! / story & pictures by Niki Daly.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0643/2005052763-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0643/2005052763-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Ohio Twp PL - Bell Road Library||JE DAL (Text)||39206019703147||J Picture Book - Holidays||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0374328420
- Physical Description: 1 v. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Publisher: New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2006.
|Summary, etc.:|| Jamela wants sparkly "princess shoes" to go with her new birthday dress, but Mama makes her buy practical school shoes instead. What Jamela wants for her birthday is a pair of beautiful princess shoes. What she gets instead is clunky, practical school shoes. Jamela is definitely disappointed, but with glitter, beads, and glue - and a burst of inspiration - she transforms her present into a funky, fun work of art. Mama thinks Jamela's handiwork is a waste of hard-earned money . . . until a local artist helps Jamela tap the full potential of her spirited creativity. Vibrant illustrations animate a sunny and satisfying story set in South Africa about embracing the imagination and also about feelings and situations that often arise at birthdays and other gift-giving occasions.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Shoes > Fiction.
Birthdays > Fiction.
Blacks > South Africa > Fiction.
South Africa > Fiction.