Happy birthday, Jamela! / story & pictures by Niki Daly.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0643/2005052763-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0643/2005052763-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Newburgh Chandler PL - Bell Road Library||JE DAL (Text)||39206019703147||J Picture Book - Holidays||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0374328420
- Physical Description: 1 volume : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Publisher: New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2006.
Jamela wants sparkly "princess shoes" to go with her new birthday dress, but Mama makes her buy practical school shoes instead. What Jamela wants for her birthday is a pair of beautiful princess shoes. What she gets instead is clunky, practical school shoes. Jamela is definitely disappointed, but with glitter, beads, and glue - and a burst of inspiration - she transforms her present into a funky, fun work of art. Mama thinks Jamela's handiwork is a waste of hard-earned money . . . until a local artist helps Jamela tap the full potential of her spirited creativity. Vibrant illustrations animate a sunny and satisfying story set in South Africa about embracing the imagination and also about feelings and situations that often arise at birthdays and other gift-giving occasions.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Shoes > Fiction.
Birthdays > Fiction.
Blacks > South Africa > Fiction.
South Africa > Fiction.