Zorba the Greek : the saint's life of Alexis Zorba / Nikos Kazantzakis ; newly translated by Peter Bien.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Akron Carnegie PL - Akron||FIC KAZ (Text)||75253000055264||Adult Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781476782812 (pbk. : alk. paper) :
- ISBN: 1476782814 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: x, 349 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster trade paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York : Simon & Schuster, 2014.
"A new translation by Peter Bien"--Cover.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
First published in 1946, "Zorba the Greek," is, on one hand, the story of a Greek working man named Zorba, a passionate lover of life, the unnamed narrator who he accompanies to Crete to work in a lignite mine, and the men and women of the town where they settle. On the other hand it is the story of God and man, The Devil and the Saints; the struggle of men to find their souls and purpose in life and it is about love, courage and faith.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Greek fiction > Translations into English.
Greece > Fiction.