The things you can see only when you slow down : how to be calm and mindful in a fast-paced world [electronic resource] / Haemin Sunim.
- ISBN: 9781538408568 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1538408562 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (2hr., 30 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Blackstone Audio, Inc., 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Read by Sean Pratt.
|Summary, etc.:|| "Is it the world that's busy, or is it my mind?" The world moves fast, but that doesn't mean we have to. In this bestselling mindfulness guide-it has sold more than three million copies in Korea, where it was a #1 bestseller for forty-one weeks and received multiple Best Book of the Year awards-Haemin Sunim (which means "spontaneous wisdom"), a renowned Buddhist meditation teacher born in Korea and educated in the United States, illuminates a path to inner peace and balance amid the overwhelming demands of everyday life. By offering guideposts to well-being and happiness in eight areas-including relationships, love, and spirituality-Haemin Sunim emphasizes the importance of forging a deeper connection with others and being compassionate and forgiving toward ourselves.
|System Details Note:|| Mode of access: World Wide Web.