View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781681684000 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1681684004 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (11hr., 04 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: HighBridge, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:|| Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:|| Read by Alex Wyndham.
|Summary, etc.:|| Captain William Avery is persuaded to investigate, and soon discovers a web of rivalries and hatreds, both personal and political, simmering behind the club's handsome faȧde, and in particular concerning its resident genius, Alexis Soyer, "the Napoleon of food," a chef whose culinary brilliance is matched only by his talent for self-publicity. But Avery is distracted, for where is his mentor and partner-in-crime Jeremiah Blake? And what if this first death was only a dress rehearsal for something far more sinister?
|System Details Note:|| Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Private investigators > England > London > 19th century > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Celebrity chefs > Fiction.
Private clubs > England > London > Fiction.