View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781478926047 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 147892604X (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (16hr., 06 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Hachette Book Group, 2014.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Christine Lakin.
From New York Times bestselling author Mira Grant comes a high-concept near-future thriller. A decade in the future, humanity thrives in the absence of sickness and disease. We owe our good health to a humble parasite-a genetically engineered tapeworm developed by the pioneering SymboGen Corporation. When implanted, the Intestinal Bodyguard worm protects its host from illness, boosts the immune system-and even secretes designer drugs. It's been successful beyond the scientists' wildest dreams. Now, years on, almost all human beings have a SymboGen tapeworm living within them. But these parasites are getting restless. They want their own lives-and will do anything to get them.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Parasites > Fiction.
Genetic engineering > Fiction.