Alive : the story of the Andes survivors / Piers Paul Read.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781520074412 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1520074417 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (11hr., 12 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Paul Ansdell.
On October 12, 1972, a plane carrying a team of young rugby players crashed into the remote, snow-peaked Andes. Out of the forty-five original passengers and crew, only sixteen made it off the mountain alive. For ten excruciating weeks, they suffered deprivations beyond imagining, confronting nature head-on at its most furious and inhospitable. And to survive, these men and women not only had to keep their faith, they had to make an impossible decision: Should they eat the flesh of their dead friends? A remarkable story of endurance and determination, Alive is the dramatic bestselling account of one of the most harrowing quests for survival in modern times.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Airplane crash survival.
Aircraft accidents > Andes Region.
Cannibalism > Andes Region.