A sweet misfortune : a novel / Maggie Brendan.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781493401673 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 149340167X (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource.
- Publisher: [United States]: Baker Publishing Group , 2016.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
Rachel Matthews isn't one to rely on others to take care of her. Destitute and alone, she still wants to make her own way and her own money--even if she's forced into the life of a dance hall girl. Horrified by her circumstances, Rachel's brother sends a friend--the widely admired cattle baron John McIntyre--to rescue her, then sets off to earn enough money to buy back the family ranch. But when months pass without her brother's return, Rachel isn't sure she can take one more day in John McIntyre's home--especially once she discovers that he's the one who holds the deed to her family's ranch. Sparks fly between this spunky, independent heroine and the ruggedly handsome hero as they navigate the snarled terrain of pride, greed, faith, and love in Maggie Brendan's delightful series set in the Old West.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Frontier and pioneer life > Montana > Fiction.
Man-woman relationships > Fiction.
Ranches > Montana > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- Virtues and vices of the old West ; book 2
- Brendan, Maggie, 1949- Virtues and vices of the old West ; book 2.