- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Indiana State Library - Indianapolis||[Mss I] ISLI L551 (Text)||00000106659162||Manuscripts||Available||-|
- Physical Description: 0.7 Cubic feet 1 manuscript box, 1 oversize folder
Processing Information: Collection processing completed 2015/06/12 by Edythe Huffman. EAD finding aid created 2015/06/12 by Edythe Huffman.
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
This collection is open for research.
This collection includes autographed, signed correspondence from Solon Robinson and others in Indiana ranging from 1836 to 1919 regarding county organization and government and military service; typed commissioners minutes and court records and other government documents in Lake County, Indiana ranging from 1837 to 1936 regarding county government and official business; typed and autographed histories of Lake County and communities from 1836 to 1955 and undated; typed records of businesses, industries and organizations in Lake County, Indiana from 1943 to 1949 and undated, regarding history, organization and activities; publication dated 1931/31/03 regarding Kirkland murder case; and a typed directory from 1839.
|Preferred Citation of Described Materials Note:||
Lake County collection, Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library
|Terms Governing Use and Reproduction Note:||
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
|Biographical or Historical Data:||
Lake County, Indiana was created out of the counties of Porter and Newton in 1836 (remaining attached to Porter County until February 15, 1837, at which time it became an independent county), by acts of the Indiana State General Assembly. It was named for its location on Lake Michigan. On April 6, 1837, it was divided into three townships; North, Center, and South. Its county seat was originally in Liverpool but, due to the dissatisfaction of many residents, was relocated to Lake Court House in 1840 (later renamed and incorporated in 1868 as Crown Point). There are now twelve townships.Sources:Information found within the collection."Lake County." Lake County Historical Museum. Retrieved 2015/06/12, http://www.cpcourthouse.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=3"Lake County." Lake County, Indiana Government. Retrieved 2015/06/12. http://www.lakecountyin.org/portal/media-type/html/user/anon/page/townships
|Ownership and Custodial History:||
This collection was received by Rare Books and Manuscripts as donations from Orpha M. Peters on 1932/04/16; Gary Public Library; 1934/03/24 Myrtle Huehn on 1934/07/23; Gary Public Library on 1935/03/02; Claribel C. Bevan on 1955/10/16; William J. Hamilton on 1991/02/21.
|Accumulation and Frequency of Use Note:||
No further additions are expected.
Search for related items by subject