Vincent and Theo : the Van Gogh brothers / Deborah Heiligman.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781520075624 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1520075626 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (9hr., 29 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Dreamscape Media, LLC , 2017.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Phil Fox.
The deep and enduring friendship between Vincent and Theo Van Gogh defined both brothers' lives. As a confidant, champion, sympathizer, and friend, Theo financially and emotionally supported his older brother as the artistic but troubled Vincent struggled to find his path in life as both a painter and a man. Throughout that struggle, the brothers shared everything - swapping stories of lovers and friends, successes and disappointments, dreams and ambitions. Drawing on the 658 letters Vincent wrote to Theo during his lifetime, Deborah Heiligman weaves a meticulously researched tale of those two intertwined lives and the extraordinary love that fueled them.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Gogh, Vincent van, 1853-1890.
Gogh, Theo van, 1857-1891 > Family.
Painters > Netherlands > Biography.
Brothers > Biography.