View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781427200990 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 1427200998 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (7hr., 43 min.)) : digital
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States]: Macmillan Audio , 2007.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by John Bedford Lloyd.
The struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives may be on the line with any decision. Atul Gawande, the New York Times bestselling author of Complications, examines, in riveting accounts of medical failure and triumph, how success is achieved in this complex and risk-filled profession. At once unflinching and compassionate, Better is an exhilarating journey.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
Internal medicine > Case studies.
Medicine > Miscellanea.