Catalog

Record Details

Catalog Search



Whitewater Valley Railroad / Francis H. Parker and Judy Clem with the Whitewater Valley Railroad.

Available copies

  • 7 of 8 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.

Current holds

0 current holds with 8 total copies.

Series Information

Images of Rail
Location Call Number / Copy Notes Barcode Shelving Location Status Due Date
Fayette Co PL - Connersville 385.09772 PAR (Text) 39230031477233 Adult Books Available -
Fayette Co PL - Connersville IN RM R 385.09772 PAR FC (Text) 39230031473273 Indiana Room Available -
Franklin Co PL Dist. - Brookville PL FRANKLIN CO. 977.215 PAR (Text) 38217000501102 Local History Reference -
Indiana State Library - Indianapolis ISLI 385 P238w (Text) 00000105808869 Indiana book Available -
Indiana State Library - Indianapolis ISLI 385 P238w (Text) 00000105808851 Indiana book Available -
New Castle-Henry County PL - New Castle 385.54 PARK (Text) 39231032945913 Adult Non-fiction Collection Available -
New Castle-Henry County PL - New Castle 385.54 PARK (Text) 39231032945921 Indiana Collection Available -
Plainfield-Guilford Twp PL - Plainfield IC 977.2623 Parker (Text) 31208912181379 local history & genealogy Available -

Record details

  • ISBN: 9781467111485
  • ISBN: 1467111481
  • Physical Description: 128 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
  • Publisher: Charleston, South Carolina : Arcadia Publishing, ©2014.

Content descriptions

General Note:
Contains black and white printed photographs.
Summary, etc.:
The Whitewater Valley Railroad is a historic line in scenic southeastern Indiana. It was completed to Connersville in 1867, linking the towns of the Whitewater Valley to Cincinnati over the former towpath of the Whitewater Canal (18361862). Originally named the White Water Valley Railroad, the line went through several name changes before being absorbed by the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis (the Big Four) in 1890 and later by the New York Central, the parent company of the Big Four. After merging with the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1968, the line became the Penn Central before closing in 1972 between Brookville and Connersville. It was slated for abandonment when a group of volunteers stepped in to create the Whitewater Valley Railroad, which ran its first tourist passenger trains in 1974. The nonprofit volunteer organization celebrates its 40th anniversary of operations in 2014.
Subject: Whitewater Valley Railroad > History > Pictorial works.
Railroads > Indiana > History > Pictorial works.
Railroad trains > Indiana > History > Pictorial works.

Series Information

Images of Rail

Additional Resources