Notebooks / Tennessee Williams ; edited by Margaret Bradham Thornton.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0626/2005056268-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0626/2005056268-d.html - Publisher description
- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|New Castle-Henry County PL - New Castle||812.54 WILL (Text)||39231032309334||Adult Non-fiction Collection||Available||-|
- Physical Description: xxvi, 828 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New Haven, [Conn.] : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright: ©2006
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Tennessee Williams's Notebooks, here published for the first time, presents by turns a passionate, whimsical, movingly lyrical, self-reflective, and completely uninhibited record of the life of this monumental American genius from 1936 to 1981. In these pages Williams (1911-1981) wrote out his most private thoughts; reflected on his plays, stories, and poems; and gave accounts of his social, professional, and sexual encounters. The notebooks are the repository of Williams' fears, obsessions, passions, and contradictions. They served as his companions throughout his solitary journey and form possibly the most spontaneous self-portrait by any writer in American history."--Jacket.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983 > Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.