- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0827/2007042118-d.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0827/2007042118-s.html - Sample text
- 2 of 2 copies available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|New Castle-Henry County PL - New Castle||F SINH (Text)||39231031526292||Adult Fiction Collection||Available||-|
|Zionsville PL - Hussey-Mayfield Memorial||FIC SINHA (Text)||33946001949754||Fiction . 2nd Floor||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781416578789 (cloth) :
- ISBN: 1416578781 (cloth)
- Physical Description: 374 pages ; 25 cm
- Edition: 1st Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.
- Publisher: New York : Simon & Schuster, 2008.
Originally published: Great Britian : Simon & Schuster UK, 2007.
Ever since That Night, the residents of Khaufpur have lived a perilous existence. Their world is poisoned. Nobody has received compensation or help for the chemical leak, least of all Animal, as he is known, whose spine twisted at a young age, leaving him to walk on all fours. Though he inhabits a dark kind of half-life, he knows what love is. He has long harboured feelings for his friend Nisha but since she is enamoured of his friend Zafar he cannot even allow himself to hope. When Elli Barber arrives, an "Amrikan" keen to set up a free clinic to help the victims of the disaster, deep suspicion arises amongst the community. Animal resolves to turn the situation to his advantage and starts to investigate Elli's motives.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Bhopal Union Carbide Plant Disaster, Bhopal, India, 1984 > Fiction.
Accident victims > Fiction.
Slums > India > Fiction.
Americans > India > Fiction.
India > Social conditions > 20th century > Fiction.