- 1 of 1 copy available at Evergreen Indiana.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Mooresville Public Library - Mooresville||FIC MOJ (Text)||37323005285237||NEW-BKS||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780810134171 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0810134179 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780810134188 (e-book)
- ISBN: 0810134187 (e-book)
- Physical Description: x, 121 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: Evanston, Illinois : TriQuarterly Books/Northwestern University Press, 2016.
|General Note:|| Includes notes.
|Summary, etc.:|| The rules are simple enough: "Here's the deal: Whoever keeps his hands longest on one of the dealer's brand new pickup trucks owns it and gets to drive it away." An actual contest hosted by an auto dealership in Texas is the prompt for this fictional exploration, which seeks to probe the depths and shallows of the American soul. To the players vying for this shiny new prize, competition revs up as the hours wear on, positions harden, sightlines narrow, and sleep-deprivation intensifies. At the center is the reporter Trew Reade, struggling to make sense of the event and his own role in it. Early on, he muses that "surface and substance were rarely the same; transparency could be the most cunning of masks." -- Back cover
Search for related items by subject
Prize contests in advertising >
Competition (Psychology) > Fiction.
Longview (Tex.) > Fiction.