Series InformationDover thrift editions.
- ISBN: 9780486110264 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 0486110265 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource.
- Publisher: [United States] : Dover Publications : 2012.
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
Rich treasury of verse from the 19th and 20th centuries, selected for popularity and literary quality, includes Poe's "The Raven," Whitman's "I Hear America Singing," as well as poems by Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, Emily Dickinson, T. S. Eliot, Marianne Moore, many other notables.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
- Inscribe DigitalFocusing on popular verse from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, this treasury of great American poems offers a taste of the nation's rich poetic legacy. Selected for both popularity and literary quality, the compilation includes Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," Walt Whitman's "I Hear America Singing," and Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Concord Hymn," as well as poems by Langston Hughes, Emily Dickinson, T. S. Eliot, Marianne Moore, and many other notables.
Chosen by the non-profit organization American Poetry & Literacy Project, these much-loved verses include 13 selections from the Common Core State Standards Initiative: "Casey at the Bat," "Fog," "The New Colossus," "Chicago," "I, Too, Sing America," "O Captain! My Captain!," "Paul Revere's Ride," "The Road Not Taken," "The Raven," "Because I Could Not Stop for Death," "Mending Wall," "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," and "The River Merchant's Wife: A Letter."