Experiencing the presence of God: teachings from the book of Hebrews.
- ISBN: 9781441267436 (electronic bk.)
- ISBN: 1441267433 (electronic bk.)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource
- Publisher: [United States] : Bethany House Publishers : 2010.
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
"True and absolute freedom is only found in the presence of God." - A.W. Tozer. Deep in the soul of every person on earth is a longing for the presence of God. But how do we get there? Experiencing the Presence of God is a never-before-published collection of teachings from A.W. Tozer on the book of Hebrews that shows us the way. Tozer, the renowned pastor and theologian, challenges our status quo, invites us to explore a fresh understanding of what it means to dwell in God's presence, and leads us to experience the divine fulfillment for which we were created! As Tozer says, "We should come to church not anticipating entertainment but expecting the high and holy manifestation of God's presence...Worship is not some performance we do, but a presence we experience." Come alongside Tozer and enter into God's presence right now.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Bible. Hebrews > Sermons.
Christian and Missionary Alliance > Sermons.
Sermons, American > 20th century.
- Baker Publishing Group
Tozer's teachings on the book of Hebrews examine what it means to dwell in God's presence. Explore the epistle's sweeping grasp of history and see your own struggles in the "hero stories" recounted there.
- Gospel LightDeep in the soul of every person on earth is a longing for the presence of God. The heart of every human being strives toward God, but only the redeemed can overcome the great barriers between God and man. For the greatest barrier of all is the conflict between manâs desire for God and his sinful desire to please himself. Experiencing the Presence of God is a never-before-published collection of teachings on the Book of Hebrews, adapted from sermons given to A. W. Tozerâs parishioners. The renowned pastor and teacher examines through its pages what it means to dwell in Godâs presence. Readers will explore the epistleâs sweeping grasp of history and see their own struggles in the âhero storiesâ recounted there. Through Tozerâs incomparable teaching and commentary, this ancient letter invites todayâs believers into a fresh understanding and experience of Godâs indwelling presence.