Periodic heat flow in a stratified medium, with application to permafrost problems / by Arthur H. Lachenbruch.
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (iv, 36 pages, 8 pages of plates) : charts.
- Publisher: Washington, D.C. : United States Department of the Interior, Geological Survey, 1959.
- Distributor: Washington, D.C. : Government Printing Office
Additional title page description: "A discussion of temperature fluctuations in a stratified medium caused by a periodically varying surface temperature with special reference to the effects of seasonal temperatures variations on gravel fills, the natural active layer and permafrost."
Title from title screen (viewed July 23, 2014).
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (page 34).
Search for related items by subject
Frozen ground > Thermal properties.
Heat > Transmission.
Search for related items by series
- Experimental and theoretical geophysics
- Geological Survey bulletin ; 1083-A
- Experimental and theoretical geophysics.
- Geological Survey bulletin ; 1083-A.